If I ever need a good new soundtrACK…
I go straight to the guy who
pACKs the crowds with great live music venues...
This Falmouth, Massachusetts, native is the co-owner of the legendary CHICKEN BOX… He's been an island "washshore" for twenty years. (During which time he's only worked at the Straight Wharf and the BOX while living on the 02554!)
But oh, his music taste is far and wide... and the bands he brings out to our tiny little island, educate us to appreciate ALL kinds of music. From cover bands out of Boston, to funkadelic soul musicians from San Fran, to the guys that we love to singalong with, to that girl whose voice gives us the chills, pACKy is a musical tour de force for Nantucket.
Here, he gave the blACKbook his exclusive 2012 Chicken Box Summer soundtrACK. And the best part? Check the date next to these songs… because you'll be able to go and see them LIVE at the BOX over the next few months!
1. Sol Driven Train - Cake (June 26,-27-28)
2. Donavon Frankenreiter - Move By Yourself (July 10)
3. Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band - W.T.F. (July 17-18)
4. G. Love - Booty Call (July 23)
5. Rusted Root - Send Me on My Way (July 29)
6. Spookie Daly Pride - Personal Ad Song (August 2-3-4)
7. Badfish (Sublime Tribute Band) - Badfish (August 7-8)
8. Ryan Montbleau - The Boat Song (August 9)
9. Collie Buddz - Come Around (August 11)
10. Galactic - When the Levee Breaks (August 13)
11. Dana Fuchs Band - Helter Skelter (August 14-15)
12. Dana Fuchs Band - I'd Rather Go Blind (August 14-15)